Hi Readers! I am so glad I decided to do a group read this year! It has been such a blast to reread an Austenesque book I read before I started my blog and to share thoughts with so many of you! Thank you so much for participating!! If it is desired, I’ll definitely do another in the future!
Today is a discussion of CHAPTERS 21-27! (And any extras in the back of the book you read)
*Participating in today’s discussion earns you an entry towards our Group Read Giveaway (you can earn 5 entries in all!)
Without further ado, here are some questions I thought of to get the discussion going, feel free to add your own!
1. So many things happened in these last chapters! Wow! What left the biggest impression with you? What did you think of the story overall?
2. We see Jane act very sensibly and selflessly in the conclusion of this story. Would you have done the same? Do you think Mr. Ashford would have been happy to give up his family legacy and home and marry for love?
3. Let’s talk more about Mr. Ashford. Now that all is revealed, what do you think of him? What do you think of the situation he finds himself in? Is he the type of man you envisioned for Jane Austen? Explain.
4. Have you read other stories that fictionalized parts of Jane Austen’s life? How does this one compare?
5. Have you read other books by Syrie James? If yes, which is your favorite? If no, do you want to? Continue reading »