Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Source: Review Copy from Publisher
TYPE OF AUSTENESQUE NOVEL: Modern-day Retelling, Gender Swap
SETTING: New York City, Present-day
- John and Bennet Bethle: Two brothers who work in the development department at the Longbourn Collection (a small art museum in Queens)
- Charlotte “Bingley’ Bingston: A socialite heiress who has just rented the penthouse at the illustrious Netherfield hotel
- Darcy Fitzwilliam: Bingley’s wealthy but proud friend
- Mr. Meryton: John and Bennet’s boss who falls over himself to court donors and is often in a tizzy over the prospect of receiving donations and connections from the wealthy upper-crust
WHY I WANTED TO READ THIS NOVEL:
- I’ve read and enjoyed two other Pride and Prejudice retellings that are gender swap – Vanity and Vexation and Love at First Slight, and wanted to try another!
- Lynn Messina is a new author for me and I love stories that take place in New York City!