If you are an author, publicist, or publisher who would like a book to be reviewed on Austenesque Reviews, please feel free to contact me @ Merry816[AT]aol.com or fill out the form below.
- What I review: This blog is devoted to the Austenesque genre. Only books related to Jane Austen, her novels, and her characters will be considered for review.
- What I types of Austenesque books I review: self-published, indie published, and traditionally published.
- When will your review be posted: I do keep pretty busy with review requests, so expect a wait time of 2-3 months after you submit your request. (Feel free to contact me before your book is out, if you want to reserve a spot in my review schedule that coincides with the release of your book.)
- Will I read anything Austenesque: The Austenesque genre is increasing, and since more and more authors are publishing books every month, I have become more selective about what I read. I do not accept every Austenesque review request I receive. (If you are a new author for me and this blog, I may ask for a plot synopsis and a preview of the first couple of chapters before accepting or declining your request.)
- Are eBook and pdf requests accepted: At this time I am NOT accepting requests to review EBOOKS or any type of digital copy, sorry. I’m not a fan of reading on an eReader, and out of fairness to all authors, do not make any exceptions to this policy.
- Where will the review be posted: besides posting my reviews on Austenesque Reviews, I post all my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.
- What type of review can you expect: My goal is for my reviews to be objective, discerning, and informative. I like to be specific in my reviews and highlight what I liked or didn’t like in a novel. When you send me a book to review, expect to receive my honest opinion, whether it be positive or negative. There will be a star rating posted with my review. The ratings used on this blog are:
- 5 stars – Loved it! An excellent read!
- 4.5 stars – Loved nearly everything about it!
- 4 stars – Liked it! A great read!
- 3.5 stars – Liked it, but there were some small aspects I wasn’t too fond of. A good read!
- 3 stars – Liked some of it, but there were some big aspects I wasn’t too fond of. An okay read!
- 2.5 stars – Didn’t like it, wouldn’t recommend it.
- 2 stars – Really didn’t like, wouldn’t recommend it.
Review Request Form