Happy last days of 2017, friends! I cannot believe how fast this year has gone…it seems insane! It truly does feel like just a few weeks ago I was making this post for 2016 and looking forward to starting a new year! And now the year is over…what?!? I guess we have had a lot keeping us busy this year. Here are some highlights:
1. New developments with our jobs have kept us busy… Mr. Bingley has started some new projects, and my studio went through a remodel and a little bit of an expansion.
2. Mr. Bingley had surgery again… Poor Mr. Bingley had his gallbladder removed after we discovered it was “super inflamed” and “super irritated.”
3. Mr. Bingley bought a truck and he is now a “truck person”… It’s such a lifestyle thing! 😉 Definitely a new hobby for him!
4. We traveled to some new places like southern California, Montego Bay, Jamaica, and Boston, Massachusetts… And all three places are ones we’d happily visit again!
5. We traveled with friends and family to Disney World and Busch Gardens… Both are places we’ve been before, but it was extra special to travel with friends and family and further cement those special relationships!
Now, on the blog front it has been quite a busy year…
Let’s see a summary, shall we?
Total Blog Posts for 2017 – 174 (2 more than last year!)
Total Author Visits to Austenesque Reviews in 2017 – 42 (8 more than last year!)
Reading Challenges – 2
Goal: 65 books
Final Progress: 71 books! I think I’ll up my goal next year! 😉
Goal: 18 books
Final Progress: 18 books! (However, if you count Georgette Heyer and Regency Romances as Austenseque, then it was 21 books!) A special thanks to Sophia Rose for creating this group year after year. I’ve participated for 3 years so far and I’m so happy to have made some progress on my Austenesque TBR pile!
~ Overall Reading Breakdowns ~
I’m a little surprised by this one! I thought I read more non-Austenesque books this year. Last year 20% of my reads were non-Austenesque!
I’m pretty happy with this balance! My variation to sequel ratio is around 2:1. One sub-genre that grew more popular for me this year for me is short story anthologies!
Just like last year exactly 25 books got 5 stars from me. However, I did have a few more 3 and 3.5 stars than last year though.
This isn’t very surprising, and I don’t anticipate it changing much next year! 😉 P&P stories will ever-reign in the Austenesque genre. But at least I got some a few non-P&P stories in.
In a few days I’ll be posting the Austenesque Reviews’ Favorites of 2017 and with that post I’ll share the Readers’ Choice Favorites too!! If you haven’t voted yet, you still have 2 days left to do so!
What about you?
What exciting events took place in your 2017?
What reading trends did you have?