Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Source: Gift from Author
TYPE OF AUSTENESQUE NOVEL: Pride and Prejudice Variation in 3 Volumes
TIME FRAME: 9 days after Darcy’s first proposal to 16 days after Darcy’s first proposal (the whole trilogy is a span of 16 days!)
MAIN CHARACTERS: Elizabeth Bennet. Fitzwilliam Darcy, Jane Bennet, Charles Bingley, Colonel Fitzwilliam, Georgiana Darcy, Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner, Nicholas Harington (new original character), Serena Seavington (new original character)
WHY I WANTED TO READ THIS SERIES:
- I’ve heard many sooo much praise for Cassandra Grafton and this trilogy, and since I love Pride and Prejudice variations I knew it was something I had to read! The only question was when – because you definitely need to read this trilogy without break.
WHAT I LOVED:
- Eminently Moving: After receiving a crushing blow, Darcy escapes London to avoid Elizabeth and try to recover. My heart broke for Darcy, to see his anguish and suffering, just when he was starting to feel some tendrils of hope take root in his heart… *sigh* Cassandra Grafton crafted such a brilliant sequence of events to engage and absorb her readers, I could not help but feel spellbound.
- Elizabeth’s Journey Towards Love: As you may already know from my reviews of the previous two volumes of this trilogy, Cassandra Grafton spends a generous amount of time in Elizabeth’s and Darcy’s heads and the reader is privy to all their introspective, self-evaluation, and ever-changing emotions. It was lovely to witness Elizabeth’s admiration and then affection develop for Darcy. Since it was her first experience with love, it was interesting to see how she analyzed her feelings, interpreted her reactions to Darcy, and eventually realize the truth.
- A Man Who Answers All Our Wishes: This Darcy is. All. The. Things. *sigh* I don’t know what else to say, except that this has to be one of my favorite portrayals of Mr. Darcy! He is a deep-feeling and passionate man, strong, loyal, and incredibly honorable. I loved that he immediately confessed his wrongs to Bingley and continued to do right by Elizabeth, even though he believed there was no future for them.
- Georgiana and Anne: I love it when other characters catch on about Darcy’s feelings for Elizabeth! It is so diverting to see what they do with this knowledge – how they try to help, manipulate, and matchmake! I especially enjoyed seeing Georgiana and Anne in cahoots with each other. I love when these two cousins come closer together, since we don’t see that at all in Pride and Prejudice.
- Nicholas and Serena: Two original characters crafted by Ms. Grafton were added to this story. Both who have a long history and close familiarity to our heroine. I adored these two characters, they were wonderfully well-drawn and triggered some interesting developments to the plot. Especially since they have their own sets of conflicts and bring more conflict as Darcy makes some assumptions about Nicholas’s relationship with Elizabeth!
WHAT I WASN’T TOO FOND OF:
- That I didn’t read this fabulous trilogy sooner!
If you are an ardent admirer of Pride and Prejudice variations, then you need to do yourself a favor and devour this expressive and eloquent trilogy, if you haven’t already! Filled with soul-searching, slow-paced exhilaration, and sweeping romance, Cassandra Grafton’s A Fair Prospect is definitely one of my favorites! Big applause to Cassandra Grafton for such a remarkable story!
Since I was quite overwhelmed by the lovely response to my giveaway of Volume 1 of this series, I decided I should definitely hold another giveaway! This time in conjunction with my review of Volume 3.
What is the giveaway? Winner’s choice – ONE paperback volume of your choice from the A Fair Prospect Trilogy or the entire ebook boxset of A Fair Prospect!
- This giveaway is open to residents worldwide (because we love our international friends!)
- The giveaway ends April 29th.